Thursday, November 04, 2004

Christmas Is Here...Almost

Well, not really, but it is November 4th and getting rather late in the season to be planning the office Christmas Party. My boss is terribly indecisive about this kind of stuff and has yet to make up his mind about the location.

"D", I say, "if you don't make up your mind soon, you'll have to take whatever is available. Remember last year?"

Last year was truly horrible. We went to this western themed restaurant. The food was terrible, the room was set up in a bizarre arrangement, no music, no atmosphere and to top it off, the service really sucked.

Part of the problem is that D likes to put on a nice fancy (classy) Christmas party. He lives in the upper, upper class and thinks a fancy restaurant is a good way of showing his respect and appreciation for the group. We have a lot of blue collar, meat and potatoes type of guys in this group and what they really want is all-you-can-eat shrimp and steak and the Sizzler.

This year I've tried to come up with a good compromise. A fancy restaurant will cater, but I've shielded D from the entire menu, giving him 4 entree options (2 beef and 2 chicken). I'm recommending we have the dinner plated, not buffet to give it an upscale feel with "normal" food.

Next up, the really big celebration that runs the whole day with several hundred guests. Oddly enough, that one is a lot easier to put together.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...