Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Book List

I've finished:
Stolen Lives by Malika Oufkir and someone else I can't remember. It is Malika's memories of her life before, during and after her family's 20 year imprisonment in the desert of Morocco. It talks candidly about their struggles and joys and the subhuman treatment they received as prisoners subject to the whims of King Hassan II. Their daring escape was nothing short of miraculous in spite of being on the verge of disaster most of the time.

The Bourne Supremacy and The Bourne Ultimatum by Robert Ludlum The two paled in comparison to The Bourne Identity. Supremacy takes place in China where David Webb's wife is kidnapped by the US Government to force him to again become Jason Bourne to save the world from some Hong Kong/Chinese lunatic. And Ultimatum finally resolves the whole "Carlos the Jackal: Master Assassin" situation.

Trace by Patricia Cornwell
Not a werewolf in site, thank God. I was a little tired of her last three "Scarpetta" books revolving around this mutant. Definitely a better story, but the ending was terribly disappointing.

I've added to my list:

Big Bad Wolf by James Patterson
I've read this before, but decided to read it again to refresh my memory for London Bridges the new "Alex Cross" novel from James Patterson.

10th Grade by Joseph Weisberg

Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo

Lullaby by Chuck Palahnuik

Rendezvous with Rama by Arthur C. Clarke

The Amazing Adventure of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon

The Dancer Upstairs by Nicholas Shakespeare

Wigfield: The Can-Do Town That Just May Not by Amy Sedaris and some other people.

Anybody have any other recommendations?

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...