Friday, January 28, 2005

Reading List

I am so excited about my commitment to read 50 books this year that I’ve made a list; these are books currently on my “to read” list. (Some have been on it for awhile.)

10th Grade by Joseph Weisberg
Brooklyn Dreams by JM DeMatteis
Day of the Jackal by Frederick Forsyth
Factoring Humanity by Robert J. Sawyer
Gulag: A History by Anne Applebaum
If Grace is True by Phillip Gulley/James Mulholland
Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo
The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini
The Known World by Edward P Jones
Lullaby by Chuck Palahnuik
Mississippi Trial, 1995 by Christopher Crowe
Moonshadow by JM DeMatteis
Practical Demon Keeping by Christopher Moore
The Amazing Adventure of Kavalier & Clay by Michael Chabon
The Dancer Upstairs by Nicholas Shakespeare
Wigfield: The Can-do Town that Just May Not by Amy Sedaris et al

The question is: The town I live in doesn’t have a library and the town I pretend to live in (so I can use their library) doesn’t have a very big/good library. Salt Lake City Library has non-resident cards available for $80 per year and they have all but one book on this list. Is it worth it to spend the $80 for a library card? Thoughts? Comments?

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...