Most nights while driving home I think about my life and what has happened and what is happening and I compose a very prolific entry to write here.
Every morning when I sit down at my computer I think, "Now, I know I wanted to write something about the Rat Bastard, Johnny Jackass, a song, a movie or a book, or maybe some anecdote about my day, but what was it?" And I can never captured the language that sounded so magical the night before.
So instead, I visit all the blogs I normally read and leave mine lonely, neglected and not updated.
Maybe I should add to my list of resolutions to take a small recorder with me in the car to capture those thoughts.
In the meantime I will mention that one of my coworkers (who has a very serious addiction to perscription pain killers) has apparently checked herself into a detox program. While this may sound like good news, I am fairly cynical about her sincerity. All signs point to she wanted to piss off her husband by leaving him alone with the kids for a couple of days or she ran out of pills and figured they might give her something there to "take the edge off". Either reason is unfortunate, but if it is the latter I think she seriously misunderstands what goes on in detox.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...