Monday, August 23, 2004

Ahh here it is....

Eritrea has a strategic geopolitical position along world's busiest shipping lanes; Eritrea retained the entire coastline of Ethiopia along the Red Sea upon de jure independence from Ethiopia on 24 May 1993 although a border dispute is still being settled because of protests from Ethiopia.

The median age is 17.5 years old with a population of over 4 million...can that be possible in this day and age?

There are only around 36,000 phones in Eritrea most of them located in Asmara and no cell phones. There are around 9,000 internet connections in the entire country.

There are 18 airports, but only 5 with paved runways.

There is 1 television station.

53% of their population lives below the poverty line. They are a desperately poor nation with most of the population relying on subsistent farming and/or herding.

These are the things you learn if you pay attention to the Olympics.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...