Friday, August 27, 2004

What in the Hell?!

An open letter to the woman in my department who should butt out of things that aren't her concern:

I cannot believe that you actually sent a complaint to KP's supervisor telling him that she uses "our" bathroom and spends 10-15 minutes in there every time she goes! I cannot believe you used the phrase, "We shudder to think what she does in there during that time period." I cannot believe that you stood in the hall and timed her visits! I cannot believe that you sent this complaint despite being repeatedly told that 1-it was none of your business, 2-it is not "our" bathroom--it is a common area bathroom, 3-you ARE NOT the bathroom monitor. I cannot believe that you sent this email complaint from a corporate entity mailbox, thus implicating our entire department in your offensive and stupid behavior.

I am ever so thankful that her supervisor, answered with this, copied to her supervisor's supervisor:
"You are making some assumptions about "things" that I need to clarify.
First of all, KP has a medical condition that requires privacy that that bathroom apparently provides to her and I am not going to monitor her time there as a result.
Secondly, I did not know that there was bathroom segregation in this building nor have I seen the memo from management outlining which bathroom departments are approved to use.
While I somewhat understand your frustration, I am appalled at this email and will be forwarding this to appropriate people in your group to discuss this "situation" with the respect and discretion it deserves. "

I too am appalled and whilst delivering the message to the offending employee's supervisor, put in my two cents worth.

Later I got this email from the offending employee:
"I apoligize for the complaint e-mail. It was not meant to be offensive in any way. "

Then how did you mean it? Because I was seriously offended by not just the email, but where and how you sent it. I think we all know that Caoimhe has an issue with stepping up and standing up for your beliefs...if you have something to say then say it, dammit! And say it with your name attached! And while I'm furious, upset, livid about this, I am not pissed off. Which is very lucky for her...

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...