Monday, August 16, 2004

Weekend in Review

Friday:
Opening Ceremonies...WOW! I especially loved the costuming for the floats. Light up pregnant belly and Bjork...umm, NO! Everything else....YES!

Those who watch the Opening Ceremonies with me are required to watch the entire parade of nations. For most of the athletes this is their moment to shine; most won't medal and have never been heard of, so this is their time in the spotlight and we will pay them the utmost respect. The Brazilian outfits...COOL!

Saturday:
We went through some old books from my Grandparents. They had an odd and varied collection. They also had some books signed by the authors and other famous/important people. My siblings and I decided to leave the valuable books with my parents...we'll fight over them later.

More Olympics!

Chinese food for dinner...not a good idea.

Sunday:
Dinner with my family and a quick trip to the hospital for an ultrasound with my sister. Since her husband was absorbed in the Olympics I volunteered. Always, up for the chance at a "sneak peek" at the little one. She's expecting her 4th and a friend who is a nurse at a local hospital told her to stop by and they'd take a look at the baby's position. HEAD DOWN, GOOD TO GO!

The baby is currently nicknamed Erki Nool...don't ask.

More Olympics!

Today:
Roommate is still crazy...and still driving me crazy!

Paid the speeding ticket, $92! The good news is the "points" won't be reported on my driver's license so the insurance won't know.

Boss in all day today, explaining the late post tonight.

More Olympics! Also, explaining the late post tonight.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...