Thursday, August 19, 2004

You Remind Me of Somebody

I've been on a James Spader kick ever since he appeared on The Practice last season. Pretty in Pink, Mannequin, Wall Street, and Stargate to name a few. I also stumbled across a independent movie he made with Maggie Gyllenhaal called Secretary.

It was...interesting...E. Edward Grey was uncannily similar to someone I've met in my own life, though he would never admit it. He gets off on control and domination and once he loses that power, he loses interest. The biggest, and most important, difference between J and this character is that E. Edward Grey plays the game honestly and with a willing companion...both people know and enjoy the different roles they play. Call J on the game and suddenly he doesn't want to play anymore; he's terrified of a level playing field. Instead he preys on the unknowing and unsuspecting in a morally reprehensible act of cowardice and someday Karma will come back to bite him in the ass....

...although, he might actually enjoy that...

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...