Friday, September 24, 2004

Friday Fun & Games

I had dinner with K last night at our favorite Mexican restaurant. I hadn’t really talked to her for a while, so it was good to catch up. The wedding is next week and she is running around crazy trying to work out the last minute details. It seems like she’s got things basically under control, just a little stressed out.

She was working on compiling songs for the wedding DVD and after dinner we sat in her car and listened to all the songs my brother (her fiancé) dislikes. I thought all were good and encouraged her to go ahead and put them on the video. I already know that despite his protests, he is really a closet county fan. That, dear brother, can be the problem if you marry someone who is good friends with your sister. We will gang up on you every once in a while.

My sisters and I will be buying K’s shower gift tonight. If all goes well, she will be really embarrassed tomorrow. In fact, my plan is to get her something really embarrassing for the shower tomorrow and then also, slip something in with the wedding presents later. I can guarantee she won’t be expecting that little surprise. Included in the “anonymous” wedding gift will be a book I snagged from my grandparents collection titled, “And they shall be one flesh”, kind of a religious take on marriage. I think it was published in 1967 and has a really groovy purple & pink cover. I already told her she was getting it, but I’m hoping she’ll think I forgot when it isn’t part of the shower gift.

Elsewhere, I’m busy at work. I’ve got a lunch meeting in 15 minutes with a representative from a local hotel. They are really aggressively trying to recruit out business and I’m half wondering if I’m going to get a weekend stay comped out of the deal. Apparently, the hotel industry is heading into their slow season, but still has to meet goals for sales calls. Afternoon brings a couple other meetings and an attempt to clean off my desk for the weekend.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...