K’s shower Saturday was fun. She has known well in advance that her future sisters-in-law would buy a gift designed to embarrass and was trying very hard to get out of opening it in front of the group. The shower was an open house (come when you want and stay as long as you like—also, no dumb games) and while we had a good crowd she was encouraged to start opening gifts. She opened and opened and oohed and aahed over the cookware, tools, sheets and towels until finally there were 2 lonely little bags sitting on the gift table. There they sat proclaiming, “Ooh, La La” until someone innocently asked, “Aren’t you going to open those?”
So, reluctantly she took them down and peered inside. “Wow! That’s great, thanks you guys?”
“What is it?” “Show us!” cheered the crowd, while N stood in the doorway a wolfish and slightly amused smile on his face. He knows his sisters well enough to anticipate what our gift will be.
So red-faced she held up the garments for the crowd’s scrutiny and showed off the slinky, transparent chemise and thong along with a more sedate (but still sexy) red velvet gown. The only complaint came from S (she married another brother a year or so ago), “That is not nearly as NASTY as what you guys gave me!” she complained.
“Just wait,” I promised. “There will still be something slipped into the presents at the wedding....and it will be less clothing, more accessory.” Happy honeymoon!
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Tuesday, September 28, 2004
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...