Man, I’ve been bad at blogging every day. I’ve been really busy at work and avoiding my house like the plague because the roommate from hell stills resides there. However, she is scheduled to be gone from my life forever at 9:00 am Friday morning. Words cannot adequately describe how happy I am about that!
I am actually taking a couple of days off work to make sure she doesn’t steal any of my stuff while packing, and as soon as she turns in her key and leaves, I’m installing some new bolt things on the doors. Like I said, words cannot adequately describe how happy I am to be rid of her.
In other news, I went to a birthday party for my nephew last night. He turned 7 and had a great time with his new computer games, DVDs, Ninja Turtle get-up, and Razor scooter. Watching him ride around on that thing was really very impressive. He has great coordination. We also oohed and aahed over the basement my brother-in-law has been finishing for the last 4 months. Thus far it is completely framed. He’s done all the work himself and again, I’m impressed with his handyman-ness. My sister is always complaining that he’s not that handy around the house, but hoo-doggy, just look at that basement!
The basement construction project will be on hold for a couple of weeks while my sister has a baby. She has scheduled her induction for tomorrow at 7:00 am. Given her past 2 deliveries, she plans on being finished by noon at the latest. Details will certainly follow. The entire family is surprised that she’s gone this long. We expected the baby, Erki Nool as I call him, to make an appearance last week, but he is apparently stubborn; he’s probably red-headed like his father, oldest brother and sister.
We also found out my sister-in-law is expecting some time in April and I’ve got a brother getting married in a couple of weeks, so that brings our family to....well, huge. This will bring immediate family to 24! We really are going to have to rent out a hall to have Christmas dinner.
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
2023: January: College Station, TX Not very much happening, just resting after a long year. February: San Diego, CA Crossed two place of ...