So, last night was the premier of The Amazing Race 7. I know you are all aware of how I feel about this show, but last season—really sucked! I hate to be too optimistic, but maybe, just maybe the show I really love is on its way back.
After enduring an extremely painful Season 6, filled with the fun, cheerful, nice people being “philiminated” early on, we were left with Asshat, KKKendra, Hornio, and uber-whiny can’t do anything, but won't shut up even for a second bitch! My show was broken!
So, this season has a whole new crop of racers (teams of 2 who have a pre-existing relationship) most of whom, I could really love....or love to hate.
They are (in order of liking, thus far...this is totally subject to change):
Brian & Greg, brothers
They seem to very laid back and aware this is a race, but not life or death. They seem to have a good sense of humor about themselves and the world in general.
Ryan & Chuck, best friends
Hillbilly-types from South Carolina. They were freaking hilarious, but sadly Philiminated 1st. *sniff*
Susan & Patrick, mother and son
First ever Mother/Son racers on TAR. It will be interesting to see how their relationship dynamic changes. I think Mom might succumb to Killer Fatigue in the later stages of the Race...also, quit plotting against Rob & Amber that never works!
Meredith & Gretchen, married
They’re old. I dig old people who can race.
Ron & Kelly, dating/engaged/I’m not sure
Ron was a POW in Operation Iraqi Freedom and Kelly is a former Miss South Carolina. Anybody who will fight for this country ranks pretty high. (At least until I get to know them better.)
Debbie & Bianca, roommates
But maybe lesbians...there was a lot of kissing and I love you’s with this team last night. I have good friends, but have never kissed them on the mouth. I’m just saying.....
At the same time, I love have a super-competitive, tough-as-nails, all-girl team to rock the race.
Uchenna & Joyce, married
They’ve fallen on hard times lately (he worked for Enron, she for WorldCom...worst career choices ever!), and have made very little of an impression on me, yet. However, they’re not the worst of them, so I’ve ranked them kind of in the middle.
Ray & Deana, kind of dating every once in a while
He reminds me (a little, *shudder*) of Asshat from last year. My way or the highway, do what I tell you, suck it up, a tad on the abusive side, Yuck!
Rob & Amber, Survivor All-stars and Lynn & Alex, boyfriends
I can’t decide which team I despise more at this point. Rob and Amber I dislike after watching them famewhore it up for 2 go-arounds each on Survivor, and the boyfriends are acting (yes, I believe they’re hamming it up for the cameras) the stereotypical gays from West Hollywood. Calm down, boys, I’m serious.
Megan & Heidi, best friends
Dumb blondes. Seriously, they nearly killed themselves and their camera crew/sound guy in a car accident last night. Please, please get rid of them next.
All in all I am ready to be Amazed.
Also I finished Sandra Cisneros’ A House on Mango Street. Loved it. Loved it. Loved. It. 110 pages
10/50 3081/15000
If your convictions cannot stand up to criticism then they are not worth defending. Gerald Lund
Wednesday, March 02, 2005
2024 Year in Review
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...
-
Not gonna lie; 2022 was not a good year. Good things happened, maybe – but overall, it was hard. January – I got news that my team would b...
-
Well, 2020 sure started off with a bang, and the first 2.5 months were a continuation of my year of travel. I started out the year in Reno,...