Wednesday, March 16, 2005

The Roof is on Fire

Well, not really the roof, but across the lake is on fire. Driving home last night, I could see the flames. It looked like a gigantic bonfire gone awry. Luckily, the smoke is blowing away from my house.

I am struggling through The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay. It is extremely well written (generally a requirement for winning the Pulitzer Prize), but I'm not finding it all that engaging. Has anyone read it? Is it worth it? So, abandoning the struggle, momentarily, I am reading 102 Minutes by Jim Dwer and Kevin Flynn. A minute by minutes reconstruction of what happened inside the World Trade Center between the time the first tower was hit and the last tower fell. So far, I've teared up a couple of times, but not really cried.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...