Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Easter

Saturday, my Mom had an Easter Egg Hunt for her grandkids, now totaling 8 with another expected in 1 week. It was a little chilly and breezy in the backyard, but the kids all had fun. I suspect that a couple of the eggs might not be found until next Easter.

My sister took this really great picture of my super-cute niece...this is my first try with a picture--hopefully it’ll work right!

Easter 2005 Posted by Hello


After the hunt, Grandma handed out Easter candy and gifts to everyone. I was raised in a very strict LDS home and because of that the Easter Bunny always came on Saturday. Sunday was a day to focus on spiritual matters and the magnificent atoning sacrifice of Christ. I, even though I’m a heathen, really like that idea...that you can celebrate secular aspects of a holiday without detracting from the spiritual significance.

We then headed over to my brother’s apartment in Provo for a pizza party and a look at the Zoo Tycoon game he just bought. Unfortunately, he’d left his house keys at my Mom’s, so we stood on the porch (in a totally ghetto neighborhood of Provo—seriously, 2 stabbings since they moved in last October) waiting for the landlord to come with a key. Once inside, we all had a good time, laughing, talking, and keeping the nubbins entertained.

Easter dinner at Mom’s consisted of really gross turkey loaf that she thought she’d try since it was just her, me and a sister. Needless, to say, I had a bowl of cereal, and she won’t be buying that again.

2024 Year in Review

January - College Station, TX I spent the winter in College Station in a familiar Airbnb. I also got myself a shift hoodie for the car. I sm...